Updated October 11, 2016
WADA Banned and Illegal Substance Zero Tolerance
- Use of a substance listed as banned by WADA by a WATC athlete terminates the athlete's WATC membership.
- WATC athlete illegal use of a substance within a state or federal jurisdiction terminates the athlete's WATC membership.
Compliance with WATC Coach Instruction
- WATC athletes and coaches will discuss training and competition strategies and approaches. Competitions and events in which WATC athletes are determined by their WATC coach. A WATC athlete's participation in a competition or event that his or her WATC coach has not approved terminates the athlete's WATC membership.
- A WATC athlete's practice with another track team or coach outside of WATC or participation in another sport or physical activity (i.e. dance, skiing, etc.) without approval of his or her WATC coach terminates the athlete's WATC membership.
- A WATC athlete's failure to comply with his or her coach's instruction during practice terminates the athlete's WATC membership.
- High school athlete's absence from more than 2 practices per season, Indoor Track (October 1st through March 31st) and Outdoor Track (April 1st to August 31st) terminates his or her WATC membership.
- Post collegiate and professional athlete's absence from more than 1 practice per season, Indoor Track (November 1st through March 31st) and Outdoor Track (April 1st to September 30th) terminates his or her WATC membership.
- A practice is classified as missed for a WATC athlete if the athlete arrives at that practice more than 20 minutes after the posted practice start time.
- If the time a WATC athlete is late for practice plus the time the athlete misses practice by leaving early accumulates over practices to 60 minutes, the athlete will be considered to have been absent from a practice.
- A WATC athlete's failure to appear and participate in a competition that the athlete and his or her WATC coach has agreed to enter terminate the WATC athlete's membership.
USA Track & Field Club Membership
WATC athletes be registered with USA Track & Field Club World Athletica.
WATC high school and collegiate members who do not maintain equivalent to a 3.30 or higher grade point average on a 4.00 scale are not allowed to train or compete with WATC.